High Quality Download Club

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
I noticed this article the other day. Couldn't help but take a look.

On the face of it, it seemed that only Apple/iTunes was supported. So I sent them an email....

Sent: 29 November 2008 12:38
To: uksales@bwgroup.com
Subject: Music Club download service

Hi!

Just had a look at this......as mentioned on the WHFSV website (http://whathifi.com/News/Peter-Gabriel-and-BandW-launch-high-quality-music-download-club/).

It isn't clear to me from your site whether Apple Lossless is the only lossless format supported or not.

Do you support other lossless formats eg FLAC or is it iTunes all the way?

Thanks, DELETED

I got the following reply

Dear DELETED,

The Music Club offers its downloads in either alac or flac format, so that you can use them regardless of whether you use a Mac or a PC.

Kind Regards,

Music Club

Bowers & Wilkins

www.bowers-wilkins.com

So there you go!

manicm

They've actually been around since the beginning of the year! And yep, suits iPod owners and others just great!

I know ALAC is proprietary etc, but the thought of using a portable device as a high-end source is just too good. Imagine, you take the pod on holiday, then come back home, plug it in and get hi-fi sound, with lossless of-course. And, with all due respect, this is lost on companies like Linn. Their DS hardware really sounds great but the setup and software sounds horrific, open-source or not.

However as playback software, iTunes on Windows sucks. It's too heavy and slow.

Krell have released a dedicated power amplifier for their Krell KID iPod dock, and the dock *docks* on the amp! Gotta take the hat off!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
manicm:
Krell have released a dedicated power amplifier for their Krell KID iPod dock, and the dock *docks* on the amp! Gotta take the hat off!

Released it? We reviewed the Krell KID months ago
emotion-5.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Indeed. I'm currently looking lovingly at a Krell FBI that i'm babysitting for a week. Still haven't plugged it in, partly for fear of just how much juice the monster's going to draw....

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:Indeed. I'm currently looking lovingly at a Krell FBI that i'm babysitting for a week.

Babysitting eh? Probably filling out the adoption papers right now :)

TRENDING THREADS