Hifi to Home Cinema

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys (first post)

Been reading the magazine for many years but only just found the forum. Im converting from an ageing stereo setup to a home cinema job. I had a 20 year old Creek amp and NAD cd player through a pair of B&W CM2's. I am keeping the speakers as my fronts as I love there open sound an looks.

My first purchase was a Onkyo 605 which was a no brainer really! I already have a Denon 1930 DVD and a Pana 32". My oringinal plan was to buy the Jamo 102 package and use the four satalites for a 7.1 setup but have decided to Bi amp the fronts for better stereo. I have read alot about the inportance of having matching speakers (tonally) but I dont want full size speakers. How will the B&W M1's compare? Any suggestions?

My next question is how good are blu ray players with audio CD's, I would be prepared to spend a lot on a player if it was my only source.

Cheers

Keith

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I'd go for a larger B&W centre to match the CM2s, and the little speakers will be fine for the surrounds. M1s will be fine for the rears.

Blu-ray players as CD machines? Pants, frankly - hang on to the NAD.

A

Anonymous

What sort of sound quality could I expect from an ipod (Apple lossless format) on an onkyo dock?

I really want to cut down on the clutter and I compared the sound of my nad to the denom and found the nad to have more attack but slightly less detail although there was really not a lot in it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts