HIFI Compatability

borischelski

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Apologies for a rather naive question.

I have 2 problems:

1) I need to replace my elderly CD player.

2) My current Amp (Marantz 4200) is not Bluetooth. To enable me to play my iPod through the ampI purchased an Amazon adapter

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00JJRLYNC/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

However I have some problem with my amp aux setting causing bad interference even if no aux fitting is plugged

To fix both problems I am thinking of purchasina Pioneer X-CM32BTD-K Bluetooth Microsystem.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pioneer-X-CM32BTD-K-Micro-System-Bluetooth/dp/B00K6J5WBC
I am wondering if anyone can advise if it may be possible to connect this unit via a pair 3.5mmm jacks* through my current Marantz PM4200 (non Bluetooth) amp & existing Mission speakers? If so, would the new system enable me to play my iPod though the amp ie without using the aux connection ? If it is not possible to connect these 2 units, please can anyone recommend an alternative approach ie perhaps (?) a reasonably priced compatible standalone Bluetooth CD Player ?

Re the noise from your Aux input, are you saying the input is noisy if you switch to it - at normal volume settings - from another input? If so, the amp is faulty.

Do other inputs work ok? The tape input will be the same sensitivity, so try that with your Amazon box. Or the CD input.

Re another cd player, what is your budget?

borischelski

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
First of all many thanks for taking the time to reply-as a complete beginner I really appreciate your advice !

The inteference noise comes in and out in waves & sounds like someone blowing on a microphone.The noise happens once I switch the front dial to aux setting - even if I have no Bluetooth device connected . I have also tried switching the rear sockets but the problem continues.Perhaps this means the amp itself has had it ?

With my limited knowledge I have explored the following alternative combo priced at around £200.

- Deno dm40 blk

- Amazon basics audio receiver.

However I have no idea if this may be any good ?

thewinelake.

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I reckon that Denon DM40 would be a good option. Other options would be to look around on eBay for second hand gear and keep your speakers/Bluetooth adapter. Should be able to get a good amp and CD player for £50

borischelski said:
First of all many thanks for taking the time to reply-as a complete beginner I really appreciate your advice !

The inteference noise comes in and out in waves & sounds like someone blowing on a microphone.The noise happens once I switch the front dial to aux setting - even if I have no Bluetooth device connected . I have also tried switching the rear sockets but the problem continues.Perhaps this means the amp itself has had it ?

With my limited knowledge I have explored the following alternative combo priced at around £200.

- Deno dm40 blk

- Amazon basics audio receiver.

However I have no idea if this may be any good ?
It's impossible to be sure, but that type of noise can occur when components break down through age or malfunction. A sort of rushing or burbling sound. Can you get it checked out at a store or repairer?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts