Hi there :-)

soulman

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi there

I signed up tp What HI FI as :) Im looking for a new amp to replace my Arcam65 and Im hoping that any experienced Hi Fi boffins and tech people in the know may be able to help. I id post something today ...but..not sure where it went to be honest...:)

Cheers

Dave

soulman

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
...this is the post I sent ...somewhere :)

"Hi

Looking for some help here. Ive had an Arcam CD72 and A65 amp for 10 years. Im no audio boff, but when I buy something related to tech’ I do a bit of research and I love my sounds so ..it seems I invested well.

The issue:

On the Amp, there is a row of options with led lights

ie PHONO-CD-VCR-TUNER-AV/DVD. Then next to it directly on its right on its own is the option “TAPE”. For whatever reasons…its stuck on this and as a result Im unable to play my music. In the interim ie circa a year I have purchased 2 sonos speakers to stream my music from my computer. However, Ive an extensive hard copy of music and Im aware of the good sound my cd player, amp and speakers (B and W 601 S3) sound together. I haven’t tried with any great effort to access a replacement A65 on E bay. I have never purchased anything on e bay before but if I did I would go through the correct channels and one of the mates would ensure I did the procedure correctly.

Q. Can anyone recommend another amplifier that would be compatible with my cd player? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
soulman said:
Hi there

I signed up tp What HI FI as
smile.gif
Im looking for a new amp to replace my Arcam65 and Im hoping that any experienced Hi Fi boffins and tech people in the know may be able to help. I id post something today ...but..not sure where it went to be honest...:)

Cheers

Dave

Your original post is here ...

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/replacement-option-arcam65options-apprecaited

soulman

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Aye, tried the monitor button...several times...No response. Im thinking i do need to get a new amp. Next step is deciding which/hwat to get?? Second hand more than likely....

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
You haven't inadvertantly got the tape monitoring button pressed in, have you? If you haven't, then there may be a fault in the tape monitor switch - you could try pressing this switch on and off a few times to see whether it clears the problem.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts