Hi res & aptX HD

liamnguyen89

Feb 12, 2020
Visit site
Hi,

AptX HD is no longer strange to people and I understand that aptX HD would transmit significant better audio quality
However, I have seen many hi - res audio Bluetooth headphones without this codec
Some manufacturers have neither updated this codec to the major of their devices

Could someone help me to understand these better ? Many thanks

Not my field of expertise but I thought that aptX of any description was simply a means to stream music from a source device to your headphones, in this instance.
Musical quality comes from the source file itself and not from the streaming method so you don't actually need aptX to stream hires files.

liamnguyen89

Feb 12, 2020
Visit site
Of course, an equivalent of streaming device, source of music and headphones is a must
I am using:

- aptX HD supported phone : Samsung s9
- Lossless music
- aptX HD supported headphones : Klipsch t5 neckband

Changing the headphones to Apple Airpods ( AAC supports only ) results significant different
I know ISO users buy their music from the stores which are normally compressed to 320kbs; therefore, AAC is enough

However, why the other headphones labeled with "hi - res" do not come with the codec
I have been using these codecs as measurement when buying Bluetooth audio equipment and now I really got confused

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts