Question Hi-fi usb cable

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

TrevC

I h

Unfortunately a lot of time engineers,mds and so called experts think they are gods and they know everything, it's like they can't be wrong because they know everything and there is nothing new that can be discovered.
Near my home town after a lot of research experts reached the conclusion to build a dam ,10 years later the dam made our city unlivable.
I know the sience , but more than that I tust what i can hear.

Fancy cables are ordinary wire dressed up to look fancy, that's the point. Building a dam that happens to have gone wrong isn't quite the same thing.

TrevC

If you want to put 100% faith in ARSe‘s measurements, be my guest. After his bungled measurement of a certain integrated amplifier, he’s proven he’s not fully competent in properly measuring equipment. His disciples show their intelligence with the comments that follow.

If you quote me, quote the whole sentence, not just a section of it, taking it out of context. I said that ever since I heard their cables in the 90s, I’ve generally liked what they’ve done.

Anyone can have an opinion, but whether it is worth anything depends on the knowledge the opinionee has about the subject. Most people don’t even know what DBS does. And most people listen to cables rather than measure them.
No need to get all childish and emotional. There is no evidence the testing of the Hegel H95 was bungled. It just isn't very good, and that's that.

Reactions: shadders

gasolin

I use a clicktronic and it is actually pretty long 1.8m I think. Its the cheapest option with high quality copper I could find.

It is connected to my iFi Purifier3 which is connected to my iFi Diablo.

For my SMSL Sanskrit 10th MK2 I am using this:

If I can afford a little more pure copper than normal like OFC I would go for it without noticing the difference.

It can be very hard to tell the difference, and it is probably not worth it. If you don´t have any clicks and pop and no distortion, don´t upgrade unless you want to just because you can

Don't ask me why but i have found that there isn't any hifi usb 3.0 cable, i also use inakustiks excellence usb cable

No need to get all childish and emotional. There is no evidence the testing of the Hegel H95 was bungled. It just isn't very good, and that's that.
“Childish”? “Emotional”? Not sure where you’re picking that up, but it is something I’ve seen on forums and Facebook groups across many subjects. Can anyone tell me what that condition is called, when someone presumes/states your frame of mind in order to influence others to think that’s what you’re feeling? There must be a name for it…

Reactions: 12th Monkey

podknocker

Changes in temperature, humidity, the time of day, the acuity of human hearing (which is better at night, as you adjust to a darker environment) and your current mood, all influence your perception of sound. If none of this is taken into account, people will assume it must be an expensive cable 'magically' adding better sound quality. If physics and scientific consensus prove there's no difference, in the ability of a cable to convey information, then there is no difference. Years ago, I owned a pair of KEF Q35.2 speakers and they had the Uni-Q dual concentric drive units, made from polypropylene and the sound quality was so much better, when my living room was warmer. I used to turn the heating up, just to get a more fluid and detailed sound. They were a little stiff at low temperatures. There are so many things influencing sound quality. A $1400 USB cable is a complete waste of money.

Last edited:
The joy of cable threads, eh? 100+ posts and no-one's views shift an iota.

And as far as disseminating important information, note that the OP will usually have absented themselves after page 1 - so it's basically two sides who will never see eye to eye saying the same things over and over.

Maybe there's a way of making cable threads into a loop? They wouldn't look any different!

Reactions: davidf and Al ears

TrevC

“Childish”? “Emotional”? Not sure where you’re picking that up, but it is something I’ve seen on forums and Facebook groups across many subjects. Can anyone tell me what that condition is called, when someone presumes/states your frame of mind in order to influence others to think that’s what you’re feeling? There must be a name for it…

"If you want to put 100% faith in ARSe‘s measurements"

The joy of cable threads, eh? 100+ posts and no-one's views shift an iota.

And as far as disseminating important information, note that the OP will usually have absented themselves after page 1 - so it's basically two sides who will never see eye to eye saying the same things over and over.

Maybe there's a way of making cable threads into a loop? They wouldn't look any different!

That just means that silly subjectivists with scant knowledge of electronics refuse to listen and learn, much like some religious folk refuse to learn about evolution. There's no scientific debate about bits of wire. Bits of wire are settled science.

Reactions: shadders

mgmasterv2

Mar 3, 2022
Visit site
omg
By measuring it, which is what ASR does. Anyone versed in electronics will tell you the same. On sites like this one and the Wigwam you also have serious reviews about power leads changing sound, but they are just nonsense.
omg power cables difference is day and night

mgmasterv2

Mar 3, 2022
Visit site
Fancy cables are ordinary wire dressed up to look fancy, that's the point. Building a dam that happens to have gone wrong isn't quite the same thing.
just to be sure, i bought a new usb cable and ifi galvanic, I've tested 3 cables(all of them from ifi) and im 100% sure usb cables make a difference, how much of a difference it's not day and night (maybe because all of them are really good cables) but lows and highs are clearly better and seems louder using ifi mercury cables.

Attachments

• IMG_20220317_150612.jpg
    IMG_20220317_150612.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20220317_151308.jpg
    IMG_20220317_151308.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 7

TrevC

a

amount of noise im getting with stock power cable is really disturbing (bad electricity in mains), with stock im getting really really really loud noises on both my bookshelf and stand floors speakers

Claims are made that power cables affect sound quality when they don't. Your problem is a poor quality amplifier which is susceptible to interference.

abacus

Anybody that says they can’t hear a difference is deluding themselves as we are all biological life forms, and like all biological life forms we cannot determine what is real and what is imaginary (No matter what the Golden eared say) due to personal bias and the influences around us, so yes, you did hear a difference but in actual fact it was imaginary (Placebo) not real. (If you had listened using the standard level matched double blind test (Which removes bias and external influences) you would not have heard any difference)
As I have said before though, if you believe it makes a difference (Even if it doesn’t) go for it, as you will enjoy your system much more. (Totally illogical but that’s what you get when you are a biological lifeform)

Bill

mgmasterv2

Mar 3, 2022
Visit site
Claims are made that power cables affect sound quality when they don't. Your problem is a poor quality amplifier which is susceptible to interference.
i have NAD3020 , Cambridge Audio axr100, Taga harmony 1000B and i guess these are very popular amps so maybe when people saying power cables improving sound quality, they have very normal amps like me.

That just means that silly subjectivists with scant knowledge of electronics refuse to listen and learn, much like some religious folk refuse to learn about evolution
The forum is based on the idea that different viewpoints can coexist. And some of us who believe we've sometimes heard differences have scientific education, worldview and interests - like I do. That's my last input on this thread, other than to make sure that the view expressed of some others here doesn't get personal - that is against forum rules.

Hi,
As a suggestion, when you make a comment which is a moderating comment, place it between tags such as [moderating] and [/moderating].

Then people can determine what is, and is not stated as a moderator.

Regards,
Shadders.
I think it was just unfortunate proximity that caused Podknocker to think I was addressing him or her.

It's a reasonable suggestion, but I'd like to think tone generally differs. Will bear in mind.

TrevC

i have NAD3020 , Cambridge Audio axr100, Taga harmony 1000B and i guess these are very popular amps so maybe when people saying power cables improving sound quality, they have very normal amps like me.
They can say what they like, but it isn't possible that a cable that connects to the power can affect sound quality. If it has a filter it could reduce interference , but not affect sound quality.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts