Hi-fi repair service for portable DAC

sensei_russ

Jun 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi All,

Hoping someone here can help with finding a hi-fi repair service.

I bought an iBasso D10 portable DAC/Amp on eBay a few months ago, unfortunately it has now developed a fault.

Basically white noise will appear for a few seconds every 10 minutes or so. The white noise volume is unrelated to any music playing through the DAC and it's LOUD...

Can anyone suggest somewhere to get it repaired/serviced either in the NW London or Surrey area please?

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
TrevC said:
It won't be worth repairing. Buy a new one.

Somewhat off topic, but a good story none the less. Apparently Intel presented their newly-designed 4004 processor (arguably the first microprocessor) to a group of engineers at IBM in the early '70s. The IBM engineers were interested, but overall not that impressed - a particular concern was how the chip would be repaired if it broke. There was some confusion with the presenter from Intel who didn't quite get the question, and then shocked silence in the room when the answer was that it was so cheap you didn't fix it, you just threw it away. The revolution had come.

sensei_russ

Jun 11, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Big Boss, I'll give them a call.

Trev, I've actually just bought another used D10 (they are perfect for what I need - battery powered, optical input), but I've only had this faulty one for a few months and it cost me around £120 (new they're around £275).

I'd like to at least find out if a repair is possible rather than just bin it and basically throw away £120.

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts