Heybrook point 5 speakers

RichHL

Jul 13, 2021
Hi,
need some advice on choosing a suitable amp for these speakers.
6 ohm, 70 W, 89db.
not looking for high end as sadly would be beyond my budget.
Definitely needs a phono input for my Thorens and Bluetooth would be great.
up for any suggestions - even an all-in- one, if there is such.
Many thanks for looking, and for your responses.

Hi,
need some advice on choosing a suitable amp for these speakers.
6 ohm, 70 W, 89db.
not looking for high end as sadly would be beyond my budget.
Definitely needs a phono input for my Thorens and Bluetooth would be great.
up for any suggestions - even an all-in- one, if there is such.
Many thanks for looking, and for your responses.
budget?
Bluetooth can be added via an adapter if necessary, best concentrate on the quality of the phono input.

Reactions: RichHL

nopiano

Feb 15, 2009
If you can stretch to £325 there’s a nearly new Rega io amp on eBay. Otherwise something like the recently superseded Marantz 6006 can be found for around £300.
Brand new, something like a Cambridge AXA35 has a phono stage and cost £299. I’ve not heard one, but Richer Sounds can demonstrate one for you.

RichHL

Jul 13, 2021
If you can stretch to £325 there’s a nearly new Rega io amp on eBay. Otherwise something like the recently superseded Marantz 6006 can be found for around £300.
Brand new, something like a Cambridge AXA35 has a phono stage and cost £299. I’ve not heard one, but Richer Sounds can demonstrate one for you.
Many thanks! Very grateful for your response. I’ll look into these. Here’s hoping!

nopiano

Feb 15, 2009
Many thanks! Very grateful for your response. I’ll look into these. Here’s hoping!
You’re very welcome, Rich. I should have said the Marantz is the PM6006.

Failing all of those, Richers also have two Yamaha receivers within budget with Bluetooth, but neither has a phono stage. That would add another box and, say, £70 to the cost.

RichHL

Jul 13, 2021
You’re very welcome, Rich. I should have said the Marantz is the PM6006.

Failing all of those, Richers also have two Yamaha receivers within budget with Bluetooth, but neither has a phono stage. That would add another box and, say, £70 to the cost.
👍🏻

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts