Here we go again. Cables.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
What Hifi.com reviews cables. We know this. They use words like dynamics, muscle, focus, timing, detail, balance, emotion, expression, agility, refined, resolution, clarity, neutral, lively, verve, poise, I could go on but I won't.

Now don't you think that cable companies are snake oil sellers.

So I find it ironic that you would post at a website that reviews these cables that in turn help the companys to sell even more snake oil.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
DomRok: Now don't you think that cable companies are snake oil sellers.

No I don't and neither do the vast overwhelming majority of long time hifi hobbyists. The majority of audiophiles believe cables sound different. There is lots of controversy about which ones sound better and how much one has to pay for good cables and on and on, but on the basic question, do cables sound different, the vast majority of audiophiles agree that yes, they do.

Do you need to spend thousands on them? Now that's debatable. I'm using Chord Company's cheapest interconnects and me like.
emotion-15.gif

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi Domrok,

I am not sure if you are being wise trying to stir up the cable issue, it think it will just end in conflict. I just say one thing I have had an engineer around who didnt really believe that cables could make a difference, we tried several cables and he came away believing that cables can make a significant diffrence on a good system.

Cheers

Steve.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
stephennic:

I have had an engineer around who didnt really believe that cables could make a difference, we tried several cables and he came away believing that cables can make a significant diffrence on a good system.

Cheers

Steve.

What were the cables Steve? And what were the differences?

007L2Thrill

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
DomRok:

So I find it ironic that you would post at a website that reviews these cables that in turn help the companys to sell even more snake oil.

Well I disagree, over the last 13 years of buying cables all have sounded different, some bad and some really good, the only cables I can not stand are QED qudos sliver speaker cable, very bright and cold sounding.

So if cables made no difference then I would not be able to tell any difference would I?

What cables have you tested?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
DomRok:What Hifi.com reviews cables. We know this. They use words like dynamics, muscle, focus, timing, detail, balance, emotion, expression, agility, refined, resolution, clarity, neutral, lively, verve, poise, I could go on but I won't.

Thanks - next time someone asks me to explain what a troll post is, I now have the perfect example...

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:DomRok:What Hifi.com reviews cables. We know this. They use words like dynamics, muscle, focus, timing, detail, balance, emotion, expression, agility, refined, resolution, clarity, neutral, lively, verve, poise, I could go on but I won't.

Thanks - next time someone asks me to explain what a troll post is, I now have the perfect example...

Well Andrew, I have returned after a much needed escape . I am going to just enjoy my hobby and not get wound up by things . Anyway I'd never heard of a troll post so I found this .

I am not sure if I am ok to post this link. It is just something I enjoyed reading....

http://www.urban75.com/Mag/troll.html

d

T

the record spot

brittondave:
Well Andrew, I have returned after a much needed escape . I am going to just enjoy my hobby and not get wound up by things .

Welcome back to the body of the kirk Dave (as they say in some religious circles up here)!

A

Anonymous

the record spot:brittondave:

Well Andrew, I have returned after a much needed escape . I am going to just enjoy my hobby and not get wound up by things .
Welcome back to the body of the kirk Dave (as they say in some religious circles up here)!

Thanks for that and ironic that it should be on a "Troll" cable post. Anyway this week I have been selling a lot of my older gear to fund some ......................................Rega's ...which I demoed on a whim and sounded terrific with my amp.

matthewpiano

brittondave:the record spot:brittondave:

Thanks for that and ironic that it should be on a "Troll" cable post. Anyway this week I have been selling a lot of my older gear to fund some ......................................Rega's ...which I demoed on a whim and sounded terrific with my amp.

Glad you changed your mind about leaving Dave. Rega make some fantastic speakers. Sounds like a great move to me!

A

Anonymous

Yes again post edited for House Rules infringement - please discuss what other sites do on those sites, not here.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
And yet in another test of digital coaxial cables they found that not only did cables introduce their own jitter, but they were directional

A

Anonymous

aliEnRIK:And yet in another test of digital coaxial cables they found that not only did cables introduce their own jitter, but they were directional

What test was this then. Do you have the link to it.

Yet again edited for House Rules

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
heathpw:

aliEnRIK:And yet in another test of digital coaxial cables they found that not only did cables introduce their own jitter, but they were directional

What test was this then. Do you have the link to it.

For the record in case youve forgotten - I have no desire to talk to you directly. I find you confrontational, rude, and unable to open your eyes to any possibilities in which case I would be completely wasting my time

Im well aware of those tests (All of them). And many MANY other sites (Clearly far more than you have ANY clue about)

Yes I have a link, and im not posting it as -

1 - itll give me another slapped wrist

2 - I refuse to post anymore links

A

Anonymous

All analogue signals are AC and so are digital signals except they are square wave instead of Sin waves. Cable directionality does not exisit its a myth if it did exists then some one would have measured it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts