HEOS + AVR remote alternatives ???

Philmail

Jul 2, 2021
Visit site
Hello,
I've just bought a Marantz NR1200 in order to play my music stored on my Synology DS416Play (DSM 6.2.4) via RJ45 cable.
I'm about happy with the sound of this Marantz.

BUT.....

I'm most unhappy with the driving of this Marantz + Synology via the 2 dedicated app : HEOS + Marantz 2016 AVR Remote. This is just nonsense !!!!
Imagine a collection of +/- 15´000 songs among +/- 1´500 albums in +/- 50 types (of music).
Can you believe that there is no search possibility ?
Can you believe that if I choose to browse by type, e.g. "Jazz", there is no possibility to refine the result (e.g. "Jazz" / "Artist") ???

And all other kinds of anti-ergonomics issues among these 2 apps.
Ah... And impossible to link the server HEOS functionality together with my Synology (because Ethernet and not wifi ??)
I am just using what Marantz advise to play my Synology.
Please note, that I don't use HEOS to stream music.

It seems I can't use the excellent DS Play to drive the Marantz (?).

My question is : Is there an alternative to ergonomically drive the Marantz together with my Synology (via RJ45). Caution the DSM version is blocked on 6.2.4 (too old DS416Play).
Thanks in advance !

Tinman1952

Hi. If your NAS is set up as a DLNA server you can use any DLNA app to send music to your Marantz using it as a DLNA renderer over your network. You use your phone or tablet as a controller but the audio goes direct from server to renderer. On Android many use Bubble UPNP but there are others.
On an iPhone or iPad use mconnectHD or Glider….
Just ignore Heos…. 👍

Reactions: Philmail

Philmail

Jul 2, 2021
Visit site
Hi. If your NAS is set up as a DLNA server you can use any DLNA app to send music to your Marantz using it as a DLNA renderer over your network. You use your phone or tablet as a controller but the audio goes direct from server to renderer. On Android many use Bubble UPNP but there are others.
On an iPhone or iPad use mconnectHD or Glider….
Just ignore Heos…. 👍

Hello. Actually, your answer "deblocked" me :) .
I reworked it all with the DS audio and this time.... it worked, a bit bizarre way, but it works !
and it works normally.... don't have to switch TV on to see HEOS or QVR remote choices....
So many TKS !!!

Reactions: Tinman1952

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts