lwhwhat1

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
HELP! I've just purchased a Cambridge Audio Azur 651A amp, and a lot of a new speaker cable with banana plugs fitted. There are a couple of tiny plastic things on the speaker terminals on the amp but how do I fit the plug in the the amp? Basic you're probably thinking, but I am struggling here.

lwhwhat1

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Now the tiny bungs/caps are out I've tried pushing the banana plugs in but they won't go in, is there anything else inside that should be removed?

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
lwhwhat1 said:
UPDATE: I've cracked it...at last. The little blighters took some pushing in but they are in. Thanks for your help.

They're designed to be a tight fit, so they don't fall out. For future reference, and for others with this problem, a cheap pair of small needle-nose pliers is less likely to do damage than trying to pry such plugs out with a screwdriver.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
spiny norman said:
lwhwhat1 said:
UPDATE: I've cracked it...at last. The little blighters took some pushing in but they are in. Thanks for your help.

They're designed to be a tight fit, so they don't fall out. For future reference, and for others with this problem, a cheap pair of small needle-nose pliers is less likely to do damage than trying to pry such plugs out with a screwdriver.

They only need a very slight 'easing' with a jeweller's screwdriver and they come out, intact and without leaving any marks or scratches ...

Jeweler%27s_screwdriver.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts