Help with using spotify through traditional hi fi amp and speakers please

BlackCrowe

Nov 11, 2020
Visit site
Hi.

Here's my situation.

NAD amp is in the living room and i have wired speakers in that room and in the kitchen (5 metres and a thick wall away).

Is there something i can connect to the amp, so that i can play and control spotify from my phone or macbook through the speakers in the kitchen whilst i am still in the kitchen?

Hoping there's a solution.
BC

I use this - works very well. Can use from outside when in the garden, and from one end of the house to the other, which is a lot further than 5m.

It also has digital outs, so you can use an external DAC at a later date if you wish.

Last edited:

BlackCrowe

Nov 11, 2020
Visit site
I use this - works very well. Can use from outside when in the garden, and from one end of the house to the other, which is a lot further than 5m.

It also has digital outs, so you can use an external DAC at a later date if you wish.

Blimey this looks perfect 12th Monkey. So forgive my stupid questions, I physically plug this into my amp and then can stream spotify from my phone/macbook in another room via bluetooth connection?

No such thing as a stupid question - and yes. It has an internal DAC, so you can just use ordinary interconnects to connect the phono sockets on the rear to one of your amp's inputs on its rear and Bob's your uncle.

Ten quid cheaper than it used to be, too:

BlackCrowe

Nov 11, 2020
Visit site
No such thing as a stupid question - and yes. It has an internal DAC, so you can just use ordinary interconnects to connect the phono sockets on the rear to one of your amp's inputs on its rear and Bob's your uncle.

Ten quid cheaper than it used to be, too:

Thanks mate. Just purchased, arrives tomorrow. Will let you know how i get on.

D

Deleted member 160668

What I do.
If I was the OP I'd be tempted to buy one for £20-30 on Ebay and do a side by side. In years past I had an Arcam rBlink bluetooth which it bettered. I've not heard this one, but proper streaming over wifi as a minimum wont drain your battery on phone and may sound better than this. Additonally its cheaper and presumably you can get your money back within a certain amount of time.

Just saying....

Edit: if you do buy one dont buy it on ebay. Buy it from MyMemory where I've bought a couple of these in that past. £24 delivered for a refurbed one. I've still got a few as spares in the drawer.

Reactions: mikeyc38 and DCarmi

mikeyc38

Oct 26, 2020
Visit site
A Chromecast Audio would also have been perfect... £20 on ebay...
Hi Armour - I did this as well - I bought a Google chromecast audio (£20) in those days and use it with my Audiolab 8000s/8000Px bi-amp combination. It sounds surprisingly good in "hi-fi" mode. Pity Google stopped making them - the cheapest way I know of having streaming audio for when you have existing kit

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts