Help with Sony STD-DA5400ES Speakers Matching

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello Guy!

and so i have decided to buy the (Sony STD-DA5400ES) but after hearing the broadcast reveiws with what-hifi expert, iam a little worried and confused, as they have mention that special care should be taken when choosing the type of speakers to partner the sony amp. unfortunatly i don,t know much about speakers but i do own the KEF IQ7 front/IQ6 center/IQ1 surr.and back surr. so please any one know if it would be a good match ? Thanks!

A

Anonymous

Hi again

No expert...or Anyone....anyone can help with the above question???? thanks

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
Do you the 5400 already, if not then look at the 6400 which is the replacement. As for matching with the Kefs you will have no issues. The IQ range is strong and matched with the Sony you will get a good clean sound.

Nick

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
Is 6400 a replacement for 5400? I thought it was the new top model from Sony rather than a replacement.

Anyway, I have also been considering the 6400, as I would really appreciate the network opportunity. Hope the sound quality is on par with the 5400.

Anyone who would know how they match the B&W XT series? I have been searching for demoes, but it is really hard to find from where I am around...

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The 6400 is replacing the 5400, it continues with the same high quality sound and adds network functions. The XTs like a lot of power if I recall and the Sony will happily provide that. The Sony is not warm in sound though so you may prefer the sound of the Yamaha 3900 with the B&Ws.

Nick

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback, and sorry for hijacking the thread Marco.

I have been recommended the Yamaha V3900 with the XT series in an earlier thread also on this site. I hope I get the change to test it. A lot comes down to personal taste.

TRENDING THREADS