Please Help with choosing AV/Receiver

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello!

Iam in the process of replacing my current AV/Receiver -Onkyo Tx-875 , mainly because i need something with 2-HDMI output ,and also something better sonically , my price range is 1400 - 1500 GBP. personally i don,t care much for feature, function, spec. elc. and so i was looking at 3 differnce av/receiver, and i hope that if there are any one out there can help me making the right choice with buying the best sonically AV/receiver from them, here they are:

Sony STR-DA5400ES.

Pioneer SC-LX81

Onkyo TX-NR906.

Yamaha Rx-v 3900

I have Kef speakers package in my home theatre, front: kef IQ7, center: IQ6, side surr: IQ1, back surr: IQ1.

any input or other suggestion are also wellcome. Thanks!

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
marco_1:

Hello!

Iam in the process of replacing my current AV/Receiver -Onkyo Tx-875 , mainly because i need something with 2-HDMI output ,and also something better sonically , my price range is 1400 - 1500 GBP. personally i don,t care much for feature, function, spec. elc. and so i was looking at 3 differnce av/receiver, and i hope that if there are any one out there can help me making the right choice with buying the best sonically AV/receiver from them, here they are:

Sony STR-DA5400ES.

Pioneer SC-LX81

Onkyo TX-NR906.

Yamaha Rx-v 3900

I have Kef speakers package in my home theatre, front: kef IQ7, center: IQ6, side surr: IQ1, back surr: IQ1.

any input or other suggestion are also wellcome. Thanks!

With the KEFs I would opt for the 3900 as they will sing together - you will be hard pushed to get an LX81 these days unless you are already in the queue. The 5400 is now a 6400 and that would be my second choice. It depends on how you wish to use the two HDMI outputs - the yamaha can do either/or and both at the same time.

Nick

A

Anonymous

Hi Nick thanks for the reply , the 2 hdmi output are for connecting both my Tv and Projector but they don,t have to output at the same time -and yes u are right about being pushed for the pioneer LX-81 these days , but personaly i was more toward the Sony 5400ES, based on reading reviews and that it got the EISA award and been best buy here on what hi-fi....i wish if i could audition both the yamaha and sony and hear how differntly they would sing with kef.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts