Help with New system!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, Brand new here, I Have A Pair of B&W DM603 S3 speakers A Rotel RB1070 power amp and a Rotel RC-03 Pre amp.. intend to buy a RCD-1072 only went for the cheaper pre-amp due to budget... Any ideas or opinions on The RCD 1072, Anyone got one? Any other reccomendations? Also looking at Nordost Blue Heaven cables and interconnects.. any opinions or decent reviews on them..? ta. nick

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
I had a Rotel RCD1070, which was good in its day, but I think the competition might have left the RCD1072 behind. For that price range, you could consider the CA 740C or the Cyrus CD6s. If I'm not mistaken, those Rotel amps are quite smooth and not that lively sounding, so the Cyrus player would be a good shot in the arm for your system.

Try Chord Company cables for something a bit more neutral sounding than the Nordost.

A

Anonymous

Cheers mate, However I really am on a dead on 600 quid budget.. so the cyrus is out I think... But i am open to the CA.. however, Ive been offered a free RR1090 Remote that retails at about 290 quid with it.. dam it!! what do I do!!!!? I THINK im going to go for the 1072 and see how we get on... could someone reccomend some nice bright sounding cables to get livelyest sound from the amps?

A

Anonymous

FWIW I thought I'd seen the Rotel cdp knocked down in Superfi to around £400 or so. Don't go too mad on cables (although I am a semi believer).

For CD I'd be tempted to look at the Cyrus 6 maybe or Exposure 2010 - personally I'd go for Exposure but no right or wrong!

If you're set on Rotel - and in theory there ought to be some synergy, then Nordost ought to be bright, I think XLO stuff is meant to be that way inclined alledgely,

A

Anonymous

400 QUID!?!? blimey.. sod the free remote, the money is more important right now.. was that in store on online..?

A

Anonymous

Ive been on the blower to superfi for a bit today and no such luck as to finding a RCD 1072 for 400 quid... oh well! must have been the 06 or maybe a 1070 ex demo etc that you saw mate. cheers for all the advice though, keep it coming, not buying cables for a bit.

Nick.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts