Help with my Technics SLD 202 pitch

marb67

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I have got my Technics up and running with new cart and it sounds fantastic. The only thing I am struggling with is pitch. To get any music in tune with the cd version or my room piano I have to have the wheel as far towards the plus as it will go. And then sometimes it isn't enough. As the red light no longer works it is hard to gauge. I have some blue led lights which seem to show the strobing on the platter quite well but the middle line never stays still, always moving round slowly. I know there are other variables like voltage, how much electricity is being used in the area/house etc so never going to be spot on. Any advice how to get this right would be appreciated or any tests.

One more thing to save me with another post is at the end of a record side the needle no longer automaticly lifts and returns. How do I adjust this ?

Thanks.

marb67 said:
I have got my Technics up and running with new cart and it sounds fantastic. The only thing I am struggling with is pitch. To get any music in tune with the cd version or my room piano I have to have the wheel as far towards the plus as it will go. And then sometimes it isn't enough. As the red light no longer works it is hard to gauge. I have some blue led lights which seem to show the strobing on the platter quite well but the middle line never stays still, always moving round slowly. I know there are other variables like voltage, how much electricity is being used in the area/house etc so never going to be spot on. Any advice how to get this right would be appreciated or any tests.

One more thing to save me with another post is at the end of a record side the needle no longer automaticly lifts and returns. How do I adjust this ?

Thanks.

Service manual available here:-

http://www.vinylengine.com/library/technics/sl-d202.shtml

TRENDING THREADS