help with cartridge setup please

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi, just got a new cartridge - Roksan Chorus Black and i'm a bit confused at how to setup the downforce. Cartridge tracking force is 1.8g to 2.5g. When I am setting up the downforce it says to balance the tonearm which I have done, wind the inner dial to 0, which I have also done. Then it says I need to wind the whole dial 'clockwise' to the downforce of the cartridge. When I do it clockwise the tonearm just goes up but if I set it anti-clockwise it's fine??? what am I doing wrong? please help

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
Also am I right in saying that the numbers on the dial is 1 unit is 1g.....so if the vertical tracking force of the cartridge is 1.8gm - 2.5g then the dial should be somewhere between 18 & 25? is this correct...?

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
Also am I right in saying that the numbers on the dial is 1 unit is 1g.....so if the vertical tracking force of the cartridge is 1.8gm - 2.5g then the dial should be somewhere between 18 & 25? is this correct...?

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
The manual tells you to rotate the counter weight counter clockwise, i.e. anti-clockwise, to set the tracking force.

Set the tracking weight at the higher end of the scale. Good luck with configuring on the protractor :)

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Henley said:
Hi, we have placed a setup video and general guide to cartridge and turntable setup in the support section of our website. I hope this helps.

http://www.henleydesigns.co.uk/content.asp?ContentID=118

How would you set up a Debut II though? That doesn't have any markings on the counterweight, so how do you know when the tracking force is correct if you change the cartridge (I put an Ortofon 2M Red on mine, for example)?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Henley said:
AL beat me to it. However, there will also be a basic tracking force gauge in the accessory pack for your Pro-ject.

Hmm, there may have been once but 3 moves later I doubt it's still there now, you won't have any at the Bristol Show by any chance will you?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts