Help with Budget HD - Have Projector and SkyHD but no Amp, Speakers, DVD...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
First of all I apologise for my ignorance, but I've seen such good responses and I don't have the cash to use trial and error for this. WHAT I HAVE - Infocus IN76 (720p native) & SkyHD, AppleTV (not yet but soon I think) I have a terrible room unfortunately, but I can't change that and am trying to get best out of it WHAT I NEED - 5.1 Surround - considering Tannoy EFX 5.1 or something else smallish Plus - An Amp obviously - currently have no idea (don't need high output - due to neighbours upstairs) And - something to play movies (want Dolby Digital and DTS), I have no idea if I should get Blu-ray or HD DVD now or wait Cabling ? Usage - 40% sport (mostly HD), 40% movies, 20% music Have been v. happy in past with Marantz & Nad - but that was a while back All opinions and advice very gratefully received.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
If you're looking at speakers at that level I guess the budget is very tight indeed: I'd suggest Onkyo TX-SR505 receiver and Toshiba SD-370 DVD player.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The separates-route Andrew (morning!) suggests will give you the best performance-per-pound, but if you're looking for tiny speakers, Sony's new
DAV-IS10 home cinema system would give you REALLY small speakers, sub, amplifcation and upscaled DVD playback for £600.

We're testing it - and a range of other one-box kit - in our October issue, out August 23rd

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your help, I'll check out the reviews on these suggestions, and I'll be looking forward to the next issue

A

Anonymous

Depending how much money you got is everything. what might be a little to somebody is loads to you. Look at the onkyo txsr 505 receiver if you got £250 put away for it. I also got my Toshiba hde1 HD DVD player for £240 off the net aswell. Never looked back mate. I dont care about the format war that people worry about. There is good films on both sides and what you can't by on HD DVD you can rent and upscale it in your HD player. Good luck mate.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts