Help with an awkward setup please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
A friend of mine has just purchased an av amp and wants me to set it up for him, but i have no idea of the best method to do so, to ensure everything works as it should including both dvds. i would really appreciate your time and help, including a list of what interconects are required. the details are below:

DVD RECORDER:
2 Scarts,Antenna in/out, svid minidin,cvbs,audio out L/R, optical out, coax out

PVR:
tv scart, vcr scart, antenna in/out, cvbs(2 audio+ 1 yellow), Spdif

Video Recorder:
Aerial in/out, 2 scarts, l/r phono

CD/DVD Player:
2 scart, svid minidin out, yellow vid out, component vid out, l/r audio out, 5.1 audio out, optical out, coax out

SCREEN:
antenna in, 2 scarts, hdmi/dvi, r/l dvi audio in, svid minidin in, l/r audio out, component in,component audio in.

AV Amplifier:

Onkyo TXSR506: rear panel image at http://www.cinedream.be/products/onkyo_txsr506_big.jpg zoom for better image.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Connect the DVD recorder direct to the TV via SCART and to the amp via digi coax

Connect the PVR to the TV via SCART and to the DVD Recorder via SCART for archiving to DVD-R. You didn't specify the make or model or if the spdif is optical or digi-coax but you could connect it to the amp too, although the output will be stereo.

If you must connect the VCR, I would connect it to the TV via a SCART to composite cable (or composite video cable with SCART adaptor at the VCR end), which by the looks of things might be hidden under a panel or on the front. TBH, I would put it in the loft after archiving your tapes to DVD-R if necessary!

(Or buy a SCART Switchbox)

Connect the DVD/CDP to the TV via component video and to the amp via coax

Connect the TV to the amp via phono (left/right out) to give you freeview audio and hopefully audio from the PVR too.

Finally connect the RF aerial cable from the wall to the PVR in, PVR out to DVD Rec in, DVD Rec out to TV.

A

Anonymous

SHAZP, Perhaps this can help.initially you have't got enough scarts on the tv.so try this way

TV scart 1 to PVR tv scart . TV scart 2 to dvd rec. TV Component video to cd/dvd. PVR video scart to video player. optical from PVR to amp. Coaxial from cd/dvd to amp. scart from video player to tv change with scart 2 when using video recorder

don't forget to assign the optical and coaxial on the amp

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts