Help? which av receiver do i choose?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After a couple of months looking for a new av receiver i am now confused which 5 star one to purchase.I am curently marveling at the quality of my panny blu ray and although my denon amp is good i feel it could be better,which leaves me with the question which amp to buy at around the 500 pound mark?

A

Anonymous

I've just upgraded my denon 1906 to a 1910 and it's very impressive £439 at Richer Sounds

A

Anonymous

cheers for that i will have a look at it,
emotion-2.gif

proffski

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I was a Sony fan, but keeping my old Sony AV device alive was a pain, sticking relays, dry joints, and more.

I went for the Denon 1910 because of the review without listening to it first, not something I have ever done before.

Well, I am NOT disappointed at all, it just keeps getting better by the day. Fast, very dynamic, amazing bass with teutonic control and very, very articulate. Not often I praise AV gear but this must be the best buy at around £500 at the moment. STUNNING!!!

A

Anonymous

Seems i am leaning towards a new denon 1910 but what about an onkyo?

I need something to give my kefs a good work out(i do like a good action film)

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
I demo'd both the Denon 1910 and onkyo 607 recently.

I was keen to hear both with 2 channel stereo, and I'll be blunt......the onkyo was embarassing compared with the Denon.

The denon had a lot more clarity and definition, and was basically the more musical of the two. (The Denon 2310 was even better....which is why I ended up taking it home!!)

If you are going to use the receiver just for movies, it might be closer....big bold sound from the onkyo, or a more all round sound from the Denon?

TRENDING THREADS