Help to glue fabric back on speaker grills!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a pair of Q acoustics 1050i and have noticed that the fabric on the grills has started peeling away. The grill seems like its some kind of metal. Im not sure what kind of glue i should use to try and glue the fabric back on. The fabric itself is in perfect condition but I would like to get this sorted before it ends up looking really bad.

Any advise is appreciated.

Mooly

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
A lot depends on whether the area to be glued is visible through the fabric or out of site with the glue around the back of the grill.

I suspect a contact adhesive is going to be best and the secret is to pull the fabric enough that it maintains a tension so that creases etc are avoided.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Grilles shmilles. Take 'em off and throw them away.:D

Seriously though, do you actually need them on? Mine only ever go on when friends/relatives with young kids come over

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies, Big Chris I wish I could just take the grills off but with 2 children under 6 thats not really an option.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I take it they're out of warranty?

If so, what about pricing up some replacements?

My biggest worry would be fettling with them and making it look worse.

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi, Big apologies for hijacking here, can I ask Chris if he is finding the hyper cables any better than previous qed ones. Last thread went a bit crazy.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Short answer? Yes.

Long answer. The sound is now punchier and more natural. I had to turn my sub down a bit. Initially thought I'd lost a degree of sparkle from the top end, but now not so sure. Still very detailed.

I won't be swapping back.... In fact, my old QEDs are with their new owner in Italy!

A

Anonymous

Big Chris said:
I take it they're out of warranty?

If so, what about pricing up some replacements?

My biggest worry would be fettling with them and making it look worse.

They are in warranty but I stupidly :wall: decided to try some super glue on there! they dont look any worse because I only tried it on a tiny are but that obviously didnt work. I may try to speak to Superfi or Armour on Tuesday to see what they say.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts