Help, Speaker upgrade, any suggestions?

tifosi20002008

Oct 2, 2008
Visit site
Hello all.

My mission 780's have decided to its time to begin calling it a day. Any suggestions for suitable replacements?

They have to be stand mounters and happy to go close to the back wall, distance is 14cm from the wall.

Bi or single wire is not important.

Like a wide range of music from Classic, Led Zeppelin, Goo Goo dolls, Florence and the Machine to name a few.

On my current short list I have: Arcaydis DM1, EB Acoustics EB1. Very short list at the moment. Have already Tried the B&W 685's wasn't blown away if honest. Can anyone give a little assistance?

My system is Creek Evolution 2 Amplifier, Exposure 2010s cd player. Chord company crimson interconnects and Chord company carnival silverscreen speaker cable.

Cheers

tifosi20002008 said:
Hello all.

My mission 780's have decided to its time to begin calling it a day. Any suggestions for suitable replacements?

They have to be stand mounters and happy to go close to the back wall, distance is 14cm from the wall.

Bi or single wire is not important.

Like a wide range of music from Classic, Led Zeppelin, Goo Goo dolls, Florence and the Machine to name a few.

On my current short list I have: Arcaydis DM1, EB Acoustics EB1. Very short list at the moment. Have already Tried the B&W 685's wasn't blown away if honest. Can anyone give a little assistance?

My system is Creek Evolution 2 Amplifier, Exposure 2010s cd player. Chord company crimson interconnects and Chord company carnival silverscreen speaker cable.

Cheers

Hi tifosi20002008

I would also add ATC's SCM7 monitors and Dynaudio's DM 2/6's to the list.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Have a look at the Epos range.

Creek and Epos go hand in hand and i wouldn't be surprised if you found them the perfect match.

smiley-cool.gif

A

Anonymous

I would suggest having a look at the new Epos Epic 2. I demo'd them along with the B&W 385 not so long ago and found them to be much more true, revealing and sparkly. Mid-range and vocals are really sweet, nice punchy bass.

I may end up doing things in reverse myself. I've got the Epic 2 being driven by an old NAD 302, with an Audiolab 8200CD, but I'm considering trying out this so-called Creek/Epos synergy with a demo of the Evo 2. I take it you're happy with the amp?
smiley-smile.gif

[edit] They're pretty easy to drive and I've got mine 8" from the back wall. Even though they're rear ported, the official recommendation is minimum 4", so no problem there it seems.

tifosi20002008

Oct 2, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the recommendation. The Epics will be going onto the demo list.

Yes the Creek Evolution 2 is a fantastic amplifier. Powerful and revealing yet delicate when required. I'd say its a bit of sleeping giant. Needs to be heard by more people than it probably is

tifosi20002008

Oct 2, 2008
Visit site
:clap: Hi all. Just posting an update.

After carefully exmaining my speaker options. (It's taken a while as you can see from my last post) I'm now the proud owner of a pair of Usher s520's. I cannot begin to say how stunning these little gems are. The build is amazing a real hewn from granite feel.

The sound once run in (which takes around 100hrs) is breathtaking. How What hi-fi came to the 3 star verdict I will never know. The sound is so open and with such scale I still wonder how it comes from these little boxes.

Very happy with these :) :rockout:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts