Speaker placement help + Speaker recommendation

bdm

Nov 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

My question is in two parts, 1 - recommendation in how to place speakers in open space kitchen / living room and 2 - which speakers would fit placement and system best.

The room is roughly 4m wide and 10m long. The two short sides have floor to ceiling doors / windows. To add to complication on both short sides the celing height angles towards almost double while in the middle its slightly lowered as there is a mezannine upper floor above. (i will send drawing once i work out how to attach image)

The logical thing in my mind would be to have the speakers on short side firing into the room but for aesthetic reasons and other furniture this does not work with current floorstanding speakers on either short sides.

One idea would be to have bookshelf speakers wall mounted in the corners of and firing towards middle but not sure if this is a good idea for size of room? Another idea would be to have them on top of sideboard firing into room from other short side.

As for second part of question the system so far is Rega RP3 into Rega Brio -R. Current speakers are Mission Freedom 752's. (located in one part of the room, firing down short side). If bookshelf speakers is way to go would it be best to go with Rs1 for all rega system or something else?

Would greatly appreciate any suggestions!

Welcome to the forum

Yours is a pretty challenging query, and the best advice is probably to track down a good dealer or two, maybe including one that does custom installations. I say that because ceiling speakers might work for you. But they are requiring a certain expertise which I don't have!

However, with a conventional turntable and amplifier setup like yours, maybe some Neat Iota or Alpha might suit. They'd play at more like background levels in such a large space with your amp. I believe some Rega speakers work well against the wall, or will tolerate same. Otherwise, maybe a solution might lay with a 'wireless' system like Sonos, but that's better controlled from an iThing and a streamed service.

Good luck!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts