Help! Sony HAR-D1000

amarocknrollstar

Feb 27, 2008
Visit site
Could someone please help. Really struggling here. Purchased a used Sony HAR-D1000 and can't seem to get it running through my stereo. It has both audio inputs and outputs, however, having tried both all I'm receiving is a humming noise. Any ideas please? Cheers Stevie

John Duncan

Hm. Doesn't look like anything out of the ordinary to me from the manual, other than in the troubleshooting guide that says "move it away from the television if experiencing interfernce". Something sounds bust to me.

First thing's first - check that the interconnects work by taking another source like a CD player and plugging it into the CD input of the amp. if that works, it's not the amp or the interconnects.

Then take the interconnects from the "audio out" of the Sony, and plug that in instead. If humming, sounds like the Sony's kaput - there are no options I can see on the Sony that could be muting the output or anything like that........

amarocknrollstar

Feb 27, 2008
Visit site
Fear not, tis working.
Tried it through my av amp and all was fine.
It appears that it's my 4 way audio control convertor that's the problem. One of the inputs is humming (the one I had my HAR-D1000 in!). Thanks for the help John!
Stevie

A

Anonymous

Hi

Sorry to ressurect an old thread but need some help :)

I Just bought this player and have installed the original disc abut having problems getting the PC to connect to the player.

The USB sees the player but the MCrew software doesnt.

I'm using XP and I understand someone has got it going on XP but I cant seem to get it going.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Cheers

Paul

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts