Help Pls - Speaker cables for B&W MT 30 !!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

What are the "bungs"? Is it something that is only put into the holes of EU AV Receivers and how can they be removed safely without causing any damage?

And given that a banana plug is a single connection, how is it similar to a continental power adapter? Don't tell me those lawmakers actually think that someone would be silly enough to plug in a power adapter into the holes behind the AV receiver?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Unfortunately, there are people stupid enough to do this and also people stupid enough to plug speaker wire into the mains I would imagine (I think this is called Darwin's Law!). The bungs are just there to comply with the law made to prevent this, they can be safely removed without causing damage.

A

Anonymous

seakingadvice:... Don't tell me those lawmakers actually think that someone would be silly enough to plug in a power adapter into the holes behind the AV receiver?

Hey, you guys are in a part of the world whereÿcarrots have to be within a certain tolerance of 'straightness' else it ain't going on the shelves, so anything is possible I should imagine...!

A

Anonymous

professorhat:
Unfortunately, there are people stupid enough to do this and also people stupid enough to plug speaker wire into the mains I would imagine (I think this is called Darwin's Law!). The bungs are just there to comply with the law made to prevent this, they can be safely removed without causing damage.

I finally figured out what the "bungs" referred to! I thought that they were there just to prevent dust from entering the holes rather than due to any safety reason/legislation.

But even if someone is dumb enough to do this, what's the worse that can happen? The amp just wouldn't turn on as it isn't connected to any power source, right? However, there is no way of preventing anyone from pluging in a speaker wire into the mains - I wonder whether the speakers will just explode or maybe the idiot will get a huge electric shock?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts