Help please with onkyo sr605 and dts hd listening mode

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I am a relative newbie with a little experince with some entry level home cinema packages.I am now using a onkyo txsr605 with mordaunt short alumni speakers(7:1) and sharp bdhp20s blu-ray player.I cannot set up sr605 to so it displays dts hd option in listening modes - with my relative lack of experince I do find the listening mode tables in manual a little confusing - I have tried audio thro`both optical and hdmi feed (the manual as a note which states that dts can only be achieved through optical or coax - but also states that the hdmi feed is capable of multi-channel dts ouput - so I am completely confused on that one!)I have tried switching bitsream pcm feed on dvd player - the 605 will display dolby dts 5:1 - when pressing `display` button the source always seems to list as `pcm fs-but does not give hd masterdts hd options - I am using `golden compass which lists audio has dts hd - can anyone piont me in the right direction?-am I doing anything stupidor missing anything?

I have noted posts on forum about firmware update and will check model status tonight (i purchased about 2 months ago but that does really mean product is not old)- but I gather from posts this is more too do with `pop` noise rather than stopping ability to play these options

All suggestions welcome

Thanks in advance

sboothy

A

Anonymous

You can only get the new hd sound formats from the hdmi connection not through the optical or coax

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that guys

what would be your recommendation for next best listening mode? pliix movie or dts 5:1 - or is this just personal preference? - I would like to get the most out of the 7:1 speaker system.Unfortunately the wife has only just bought sharp as present and therefore I will have to use it for `just a little longer`before I can forward it to ebay!

Thanks again

sboothy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts