Help please - will a Cyrus Quattro run through a Cyrus 7 Integrated Amp ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm upgrading my Cyrus Quattro, and an Ebayer has asked if the Quattro will run through his amp ok - I can't see why it wouldn't, but can anyone confirm this for me please ? Many thanks Patrick

John Duncan

I'd be inclined to tell him no, but only cos I'm bidding on it myself
emotion-2.gif

John Duncan

But actually, it might not be yours cos there are a couple.

The correct answer is that it's not ideal, since there's no power amp in - he'd have to hook it in through the tape input probably, but then he'd have two volume controls on the go, which I couldn't live with myself.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply John - I've checked with Cyrus (actually, I read the manual on line, there's a lesson for me.....) and there's no problem connecting the two - effectively the Quattro then becomes a CD player / Tuner and bypasses the preamp. If the one you are bidding on ends today (Sunday) it's mine. It really is mint, worth a bid IMO.

Cheers

Patrick

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JohnDuncan"]Thanks for that - turned out I didn't win it (my other half was watching me for signs of unauthorised hifi purchases
emotion-5.gif
)[/quote]

Shame, I get the watching as well, oddly whenever I do buy something my wife appreciates the improvement, not allowed much this year as spent lots since 2005.

TRENDING THREADS