Help please in a good hifi set-up

Hanno1974

Sep 6, 2020
Visit site
Hey there, I’m new here and have a question. I have just bought a set of Dali Spector 2 speakers new! To team up with my older Marantz nr 1504 receiver and even older Denon dvd 2800. I want to make the most of my Dali’s. Can u please tell me the weak link (ore link’s) in the system? It’s just for stereo, the Marantz in a stereo mode and the 2800 for cd-playback only!

thanks in advance!!

Gray

Hey there, I’m new here and have a question. I have just bought a set of Dali Spector 2 speakers new! To team up with my older Marantz nr 1504 receiver and even older Denon dvd 2800. I want to make the most of my Dali’s. Can u please tell me the weak link (ore link’s) in the system? It’s just for stereo, the Marantz in a stereo mode and the 2800 for cd-playback only!

thanks in advance!!
Welcome.
You're likely to get different opinions on the weakest link.
If they didn't like their sound, some might even regard your new speakers as a weak link!
Get the point? They'd be advising you based on their taste.

Have you got the DVD player connected digitally to the Marantz?
Apart from sound though, a dedicated CD player would be a better CD playing experience, with a display and controls suited specifically to CD.
Again some people frown upon using AV amps for the best quality 2 channel stereo, but you might like the sound of your Marantz in stereo mode.
Depends how much money you've got to spend, how important CD playing is to you and whether you'd prefer to keep your AV amp and DVD player.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hanno1974

Hanno1974

Sep 6, 2020
Visit site
Welcome.
You're likely to get different opinions on the weakest link.
If they didn't like their sound, some might even regard your new speakers as a weak link!
Get the point? They'd be advising you based on their taste.

Have you got the DVD player connected digitally to the Marantz?
Apart from sound though, a dedicated CD player would be a better CD playing experience, with a display and controls suited to specifically to CD.
Again some people frown upon using AV amps for the best quality 2 channel stereo, but you might like the sound of your Marantz in stereo mode.
Depends how much money you've got to spend, how important CD playing is to you and whether you'd prefer to keep your AV amp and DVD player.
Thank you for your reaction! I’m in for a new cdp anyway! But from which machines on I’ll get the better sound? Like a NAD 521BEE and up?

Gray

Thank you for your reaction! I’m in for a new cdp anyway! But from which machines on I’ll get the better sound? Like a NAD 521BEE and up?
Plenty of Marantz CDP fans on this forum. I'm still happy with a CD6000KI but have also owned nice players from the inventors of the format, Philips and Sony.
State your budget and whether you prefer new or secondhand, and people will be along with options to consider.

Hanno1974

Sep 6, 2020
Visit site
Plenty of Marantz CDP fans on this forum. I'm still happy with a CD6000KI but have also owned nice players from the inventors of the format, Philips and Sony.
State your budget and whether you prefer new or secondhand, and people will be along with options to consider.
I rather buy a second hand great one then a new budget one😉 I also consider going to a marantz MCR like the 603,610 or 611 I’ve had the 603 years ago and it sounded real good if you ask me! Does either of these machines beat the set-up I have with the 1504 and 2800? I save space..I know that much!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts