HELP PLEASE: Freeview HD on Sony KDL-40W3000

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Are there any technology gurus out there that know whether I will be able to receive Freeview HD on my Sony KDL-40W3000 ?

When I purchased the TV in 2008 it was spec'd with an HD tuner (DVB-T standard) in readiness for the upcoming launch of Freeview HD channels broadcasting. I believe that by the time this actually happpened, due to technical issues, the broadcasting standard for these changed to DVB-2.

Is this correct and does it mean that I am now unable to receive HD channels because my TV is out of date already ?

I do not currently have an aerial and therefore can't try it, but I would like to receive Freeview HD before upgrading my Virgin cable box to an HD one.

Hope someone can help, many thanks,

A

Anonymous

Thanks daveh75. It's always been my rule not to buy new technology when it's launched. Looks like I slipped up that time!
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

Just found my instruction book for the TV and read the following in the spec's:

TV System Digital: DVB-T / DVB-C

Colour/Video System Digital: MPEG-2 MP@ML/HL, MPEG-4 HP@L3/L4

It does appear to have a reference to MPEG-4 that I wasn't aware of. Does this mean that I may be OK or is this an older version that's not used by the current broadcasts ?

daveh75

Garry Greenstreet:
Just found my instruction book for the TV and read the following in the spec's:

TV System Digital: DVB-T / DVB-C

Colour/Video System Digital: MPEG-2 MP@ML/HL, MPEG-4 HP@L3/L4

It does appear to have a reference to MPEG-4 that I wasn't aware of. Does this mean that I may be OK or is this an older version that's not used by the current broadcasts ?

No, because it still needs to be DVB-T2 compliant...It would receive HD channels in countries that use DVB-T for HD, but not in the UK.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts