Help - New system wanted, speaker adverse woman to please!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
We’re finally getting a home cinema set up & have a budget of £5-7k to spend. I’m looking for a screen of 46in or less, an amplifier & blue ray player. Finally I need a speaker set up that is minimalist! The missus doesn’t want speakers everywhere! Luckily we’re building an extension, so I can bury all the cables. The room size will be approx 8 metres by 8 metres, with the viewing area at one in any area about 5 metres by 3 metres. I would really appreciate some help. I like the new Samsung LED’s but otherwise don’t mind as long as it soundsgood with a great picture. Thanks,

JR

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
PMC wafers (expensive though but your budget should cope) or maybe custom install i.e. in wall/in ceiling. Speak to an installer if you fancy the in wall/in ceiling route. At the cheaper end of the spectrum, Monitor Audio, B&W, Focal, Mission, Kef, Anthony Gallo and so on all do small compact speakers. I would always recommend full sized speakers but I doubt the camel suggestion mentioned above will be on the agenda!

A

Anonymous

I had the same issues with my wife. I had an extension built. Its 7 meters by 4 meters. She was big into how it would look too. We had a Samsung 40" that went on the wall. Although it is lost on the big wall and now she wants me to upgrade it to a bigger one. Happy days!!!

I got the KEF 2005.3 and the black gloss finish is great with the samsung black. She loves them and the egg style speakers really impressed her. With your budget you might try the kef 3005 series if you want more kick but I'm very happy with the 2005s.

Also great advise I got on one of these forums was not to have the TV too high on the wall. A wise decision. Also trunk your speaker cable in the wall as it protects if from damage. Good luck with the build.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the responses especially the comment on the TV height!

Has anyone had any experience of Amina's plastered in-wall speakers? Popped into Rayliegh Hi-Fi & they've recommended them. They may stretch the budget but may be a better solution all round ..... unless the wife decides she wants to move the room around !

Thanks, John

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
You need to check out the Miller & Kreisel Xenon speaker package , don't think you will find a better quality minimalist package for home cinema than this. If your woman doesn't like the look of them i suggest you get a new woman !.

A

Anonymous

Have a look at KEF 5005 or 6000 series (had them) or MA Radius HD's - I think these look like extensions of a screen and take some beating in the looks and sound departments.

Cheers.

TRENDING THREADS