HELP NEEDED

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
:quest:

Hello

can someone tell me if this is possible, if so how.

I have LG 47" LED tv with DNLA in an office, i want to be able to view documents i.e word, architect & building drawings on this screen. (just so they are bigger to view)

The screen is cat 5 wired to a netgear switch along with my laptop (win 7) & adsl router.

please help.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm afraid I don't know how DNLA works at all. However, I presume that your laptop computer has an HDMI output, rather than a 15-pin VGA output. So you need a suitably long HDMI cable to one of the HDMI inputs on your LG TV, and then (of course) select that input on the TV and bingo! You can get a long, good,HDMI cable from many sources - I get mine from Lindy Electronics in Teesside. My computer is located in the parlour, but it has a VGA output, not HDMI. So I have long (between 10 and 20 metres) VGA cables from my computer to the VGA inputs of the televisions in all three of my rooms, so that I can see on the televisions whatevever the computer is doing, and the quality is satisfactory, perhaps slightly better than standard-definition broadcast TV. If your computer has an HDMI output, rather than a VGA output, then with long HDMI cables I would expect the quality of the picture transmitted to your LG TV to be better than I can achieve with long VGA cables.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
You can follow Son_of_SJ's advice for this and it will work via VGA or HDMI but for a wireless solution i don't think you can view Word documents etc in this way via DLNA, you can view media easily over DLNA (movies, music and photos) but i've never been able to get my laptop to display documents or any office suite programs unless it's been connected via the HDMI out to my tv or amp.

I'm sure there will be some clever folk out there that could supply you with a solution to do it wirelessly but it's so easy to just connect via HDMI or VGA to the LG LED tv that this would be my preferred option, the tv then just acts as a second screen and displays whatever you are doing on the laptop, simple.

A

Anonymous

Hi

thanks for the reply's, i think im gonna go with the HDMI solution, what is the max length HDMI i can get?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Up to 20m is quite normal, but I'm sure you could get longer runs if needed.

TRENDING THREADS