Need help buying a new tv!!!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, I have recently purchased a LG 47LV355U, 47" LG full hd LED tv. It arrived today, very excited to get it out the box. Turned it on and major disappointment.

Although the picture looks great on certain things, playing games is awful on it, a lot of things look pixelated even through hdmi. The main problem though is the sound, it is awful. Absolutely terrible possibly the worst sound from a flatscreen tv I have ever heard. Very tinny.

Now I paid £550 for this tv. I could probably go up to £700. I don't want 3d and would prefer LCD/LED but never had a plasma so couldnt really comment and am very open to a plasma.

I want to know the best possible tv in that price bracket preferably around the same screen size. I want great picture and great sound....please please please if anyone can help or point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Plasma TVs are best for gaming because of their inherently faster response times & better motion handling. You should demo some TVs & decide for yourself.

While making TVs thinner, manufacturers have compromised on sound. There's no air space behind the speakers & the speakers themselves are tiny. You could buy a sound bar or QTV2 when funds allow, which will immensely improve sound.

Ryan92

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Personally, the only LED around that price point, and size, would be the Samsung 46D5000 (or 5520 if you're bothered about smart TV) I don't know whether you'd be looking to go up to a 50, but the panasonic 50st30 is pretty cheap in Richersounds (£630 last time I looked) at the moment, and as mentioned, should provide better gaming performance. Soundwise I don't think you're going to find anything great built into any TVs these days, some are bareable. Samsung LED's tend to be alright for it. But again as mentioned before I'd be looking toward a soundbar or otherwise later.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the comments. The tv has now been collected to be returned to amazon. I even bought a 5.1 surround sound for £250 but couldnt get used to it, it did vastly improve the poor sound from the tv though.

Currently looking at getting either SAMSUNG LE46D5000, SAMSUNG PS51D450 or PANASONIC VIERA TX-P50G30B. Hopefully one of those will have bearable sound.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts