Help needed.....recommend me an amp for epos es14 speakers please !!!

indiajazz

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Hello there,im a first time poster and fancy a change of amplifier.Im currently using a Marantz pm6002 which i have to say sounds great but my curiosity is getting the better of me and im wondering if anyone out there has any ideas as to what i could try for a change?

My budget is low at £300 but an old second unit would be fine.

Thanks in advance.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The Epos ES11 and ES14 were designed using Naim amplification (the older one piece case/olive finish facia style), so you could look around for used Naim stuff. Ideally pre/power, something like a NAC72/NAP140 combo would be nice, which was around £800-900 when new, but if you can stretch to a NAP180 power amp, all the better.

indiajazz

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Yes ive heard that,plus Creek,Onix,Exposure and Rega have all been mentioned.Ive kind of got it down to these 4,but then someone always throws a spanner in the works and points me in another direction.

Its so brilliantly and enjoyably confusing!!!

Rethep

May 2, 2011
Visit site
The Epos-11 worked very well with tube-amplification too. It only realy started shining with them! I had 3 different tube-amps on it. Audio Innovations Classic 25, Cayin A 55T, Artephonos Energa.

The sound went to a electrostatics-sound. Big ambiance, sharp focus, very captive sound. I saw them leave with pity.

The Epos-14 is a different kind of speaker with more agresssive mid freq, at least not as mild as the ES-11, i am told (i never heard them). So the match with tubes could be less good (i expect some problems in the low end too).

TRENDING THREADS