Help needed - how do i exactly bi-wire this setup? [Marantz PM6003 - Chord Carnival Silverscreen]

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Dear everyone,

hello, new user and newbie here. So, i got a set of Wharfedale 10.2 and a Marantz CD+PM6003 combo, with some Chord Carnival Silverscreen 2-4 but i never connected such kind of hardware together. How do i exactly wire the cables to the amp?

thanks in advance for your "lessons",

A.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Turn the amp off. Connect the outputs from the CD player into the CD input on the amp using suitable interconnect cables.

Assuming the Chord Co cable has two connectors at one end and four at the other, remove the jumper plates between the terminals on the back of the Wharfedales, and for each channel connect the four plugs on the end of one Chord Co cable to the speaker terminals, red to +, black to -.

At the amp end connect the speaker cables red to plus, black to minus on each channel, and you're done. You can now turn the amp on again.

A

Anonymous

Thanks a lot for your help and fast reply.

So i've done everything as you wrote, but when it comes to the amp, the amp terminals can't host the "big" plugs that the Chord cables have. How do i solve this?

tx again!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
There may be 'safety' stoppers in the ends of the speaker terminals: if you remove these the 4mm Chord plugs should push straight in.

marantz_PM6003_rear.gif

A

Anonymous

Ok now i get it.

The only problem left is about the amp - the terminals on the amp are way smaller then the ones on the speakers - so basically i connected the speakers in 2 minutes, but looks likei can't use those chubby gold plugs on the amp if i keep them like that, and the only solution would be to cut them

showimage.php

A

Anonymous

mmh, i actually see that they had these small black plastic stoppers and i removed them from the back of the terminals, but still that chubby plug won't fit?

EDIT - Here's a better pic of the plugs for reference

carnival-plugs.jpg

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
You might find that because they're new (Cable plugs and amp sockets) that you might have to use a little pressure to push them in...if they are standard 4mm plugs then they should fit.

A

Anonymous

Yep that was the problem, thanks to all of you - being a newbie, i was in that "don't push too hard, don't break" kind of mindset, so i didn't

consider that. Thanks again!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts