Help needed - broken toggle switches on Audio Research

Clarkey_71

Oct 12, 2007
Visit site
Learned friends.

My Dad has recently resurrected his Audio Reserach LS2.

However, during storage both the on/off and mute toggle switches have broken off.

Any ideas where/if these can be replaced?

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Maplin is another alternative for the parts if you are good with a soldering iron, or if you don't want to do it yourself your local TV repair man should be able to fix it for you.

Clarkey_71

Oct 12, 2007
Visit site
retro_sussex said:
Maplin is another alternative for the parts if you are good with a soldering iron, or if you don't want to do it yourself your local TV repair man should be able to fix it for you.

Is it really as simple as that?

I thought there might be a bit more to it than that.

Cheers for the info.

Clarkey_71

Oct 12, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the advice.

I went to the page and there are over 1300 different types to choose from!

The only problem is thatI couldn't find a match for the Audio Research.

Maybe I should contact them directly. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
If I were you (or your Father), I'd contact A.R directly.

I'm sure I've heard that they're one of those companies who can repaire/maintain anything they've ever produced.

Also, I'm sure a cobbled together repair, as well as possibly being dangerous if you're not too electrically minded, would hammer the amount he'd be able to sell it on for if he ever wanted too. It's probably worth getting them to service the whole thing while they've got it.

A

Anonymous

Paul Clarke said:
Learned friends.

My Dad has recently resurrected his Audio Reserach LS2.

However, during storage both the on/off and mute toggle switches have broken off.

Any ideas where/if these can be replaced?

Thanks.

If the on/off switch actually switches mains voltages then you will need to buy a switch capable of handling that kind of voltage safely. But it may not, of course, in which any toggle switch of similar size and style will do.

TRENDING THREADS