Help me with my iPhone Please!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have recently got an iPhone and filled it with my music collection. Unfortunetly I only get to listen to it through the ear phones it came with. I am interested in getting a dock system to listen to my music, but I am out of touch with which one to get.

I love the looks of the new Bose Sound Dock series 1 and 2 but I dont know how good they are.

If anyone has any comments or suggestions, please let me know!!!

Thanks for your time and comments!

A

Anonymous

I have 4 family members with the Bose and to be honest, its just not very good at all in my opinion. As per ususal with Bose stuff, its way too focused in the bottom ranges (and not terribly good at even that). Its certainly better than some of the cheaper ones, but I personally don't think its performance matches its cost. The B&W on the other hand is surprisingly good for its size, but does cost a few more pennies to be sure. Another alternative is the Polk I-Sonic 2 system which is priced in between the Bose and B&W. The last system is the original Fatman & speakers, although not a single box dock setup, sounds very good and would be my choice as an alternative to the B&W.ÿ

Really commenting though because many docks are not compatible with the iPhone, so make sure you check. It can get a little confusing however as some don't claim to be compatible with the iPhone, but if you turn the 'Airplane Mode' on in the iPhone they will work fine with it - like the Bose. ÿ

If you just want to play the iPod through your main audio system, your best bet for sound quality would be using something like the Wadia 170i which is able to pull the sound of the iPod digitally and then route it into a DAC (such as the DacMagic from Cambridge Audio) and into your processor/intergrated Amp, you will get sound quality that is as good as a quality CD player assuming your using Apple lossless. Of course, you don't get the portability with this option though so it depends on what your hoping to get out of it. ÿ

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Thanks for you quick response. I have had a quick look at the B&W and love the design, but not the price tag. I think i will go to my local hifi shop and have a listen.

I also had a look at the Logitech, but man its ugly!

Thanks alot. If you think of any others, please let me know!

Thanks again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts