Help me spend my hard earned money wisely

NigelF

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I am in process of upgrading my 5 year old crt to LCD and have narrowed down selection to two which are either Samsung LE46F86 or Sony KDL46W3000, I can get either of them at the same price here in Germany.

My only concern is I am not able to test these side by side and with standard source via RGB scart, as I will be watching 90% of the time SD content my question is which one is best in delivering crisp SD picture. May be at later stage I will add either PS3 or combi HD/Blu-ray dvd player when they arrive next year.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I'd go with the Samsung....but any large-screen, high-res TV isn't going to look its best via a Scart connection, so you may have to accept that SD isn't going to look superb - even with decent upscaling by the set - until you upgrade your sources.

NigelF

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Clare for your swift response and recommendation, unfortunately here I don't have much choice on HD stuff either via cable or satellite. But, I would definitely go with Samsung now as I trust What*HiFi more then my own ears and eyes.
Wishing you and your team a Happy New Year.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts