Help me choose an amp for Monitor BR2 !

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, All

I sold my new MS902i to my friend, and I buy new Monitor BR2 back home, but it's hard to decide am amp for BR2, I plug to NAD705 (my old receiver), very bad sound, it's boomy, no detail in high, and I don't want it

if I want am amp which can give me with high detail, transparent sound, 3D, and good image, what amp is the best for BR2 ? I don't have more budget, I can pay around 200-350 pound stering

Please help me choose an amp

many thanks for everyone
emotion-2.gif

matthewpiano

Arcam A70. Its end of line now and available at some great prices. Arcam stuff works very well with MA and this amp will certainly give you the detail, transparency and 3d imaging you are asking for. I love mine.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
I'm running a NAD C320BEE as you can see from my sig. Ive no experience of other amps with the BR2s, just thought id throw it out there. Might be a bit warm and bassy for you, but in budget so worth a listen.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="al7478"]I'm running a NAD C320BEE as you can see from my sig. Ive no experience of other amps with the BR2s, just thought id throw it out there. Might be a bit warm and bassy for you, but in budget so worth a listen.[/quote]

I feel BR2 too warm (not sure), because my old NAD705 is warm sound, bass is boomy

someone ever advise me Rotel RA05, or Rotel RA02, any comments for me

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I dont think you could go far wrong with the NAD C352 amp (can be bought new from superfi.co.uk at a very decent price)

If youre happy with 2nd hand take a look at either Arcam Alpha 9 or 10 integrated amps or the Arcam A85. All will suit the M/A BR2s well with good controlled bass weight, smooth midrange and crisp, clear treble.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts