Help! just won a ps 3! Need a great tv to use it with, plasma or lcd? my viewing distance will be bout 8- 8.5 ft

A

Anonymous

You lucky bas......... Anyway, first thing is first, what is your budget? And are you only going to be using it for gaming or is it for freeview, bluray and/or sky/ntl as well? If you are after a telly for DVD, standard and hi def viewing, I and many others on this forum will tell you to ignore LCD, because gaming and small screen are all it is good for. Take a look at the new Panny plasmas...... TH42PX80 - HD ready 42in 1:15000 contrast ratio (£709 from soundandvisiononline.co.uk) TH42PZ85 - Full HD 42in 1:30000 contrast ratio (£1099 from soundandvisiononline.com) TH37PX80 - HD ready 37in (£619)

A

Anonymous

hi i need a new tv too and have been looking at the th42pz85

hard viewing one in my area [north herts] no one seems to have one apart from currys, who only could demo it with terrestrial
emotion-4.gif
channel 4 wasnt too fuzzy and color reproduction and contrast was good. they also had the same rolling demo on all of the other tvs [except the pio kuros running their own kuro demo] the panny made the other tvs look really bad the panny had excellent black levels in the dark scene and color was extremely good, a fuzzy green aura was shown around a onscreen description the other tvs looked dull and washed out when compared.[i think it was a samsung demo] they wouldnt hook up a ps3
emotion-4.gif

you can use this tv to view blu rays at 1080p 24fps too iv just been on hmv and their bd's 3 for 2 @ £18 each
emotion-2.gif
it has 100 hz double scan perfect for those 50hz/50fps games. however does anyone know if it has a game mode or a 60hz mode for the faster 60fps games ? and if itS HDMI 1.3 compatible

congrats u jammy git [had a bit of luck myself on the g national]

hope u enjoy ur ps3 as much as i do mine. ps if u like slash em ups morrisons has ninja gaiden for 25 notes check out gt5 prologue to for some lush 1080p action
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

just been on weymouth hifi site and found the answers to my own questions it does 1080/ 50p and 1080/ 60p and is hdmi 1.3 perfect for gaming now just need a decent demo
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS