Help in replacing my ageing speakers??

hertssteve

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone help with the replacement of my ageing Musical Fidelity MC4s, i am using a Marantz6003 and Marantz KI Pearl Lite, QED special silver anniversary speaker cable. I would prefer to stay with standmounts, i loved the MC4s but they are now developing problems :-(. Your help would be very much appreciated..

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Depending on budget, I'd be looking at something like the KEF Q300s or – if they're anything like as good as the Epic 1s I've just been testing for Gramophone – the Epos Epic 2s.

hertssteve

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
The KEF Q300 look like a great partner for the Marantz, having just read the review they look like they will pull out detail from the Marantz KI Pearl Lite and CD6003 with detail and attack, the Marantz will be able to more than handle the treble of the Kefs without sounding harsh from there rich character. Many thanks....now to audition

hertssteve

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
The KEF Q300 look like a great partner for the Marantz, having just read the review they look like they will pull out detail from the Marantz KI Pearl Lite and CD6003 with detail and attack, the Marantz will be able to more than handle the treble of the Kefs without sounding harsh from there rich character. Many thanks....now to audition

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard said:
Depending on budget, I'd be looking at something like the KEF Q300s or – if they're anything like as good as the Epic 1s I've just been testing for Gramophone – the Epos Epic 2s.

I'll second all that, having recently demo'd the Epic 2 and KEF Q300 together, and coming away with the Epic 2. Having owned them for all of four weeks I'm now at the happy stage of still listening to very familiar albums on them for the first time and hearing them afresh. If you're considering the Q300 I think the Epic 2 should be on the shortlist as well.

TRENDING THREADS