help improving sound on my cyrus system

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

jubair

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
i'll have to consider it if there is no improvement after another few weeks. but still some people seem to think that MA/cyrus combination can work so i don't want to give up without giving the rs6 a proper chance. as i've said previously the sound isn't terrible just not lived upto expectaions so far (",)

A

Anonymous

first give the speakers at least 72 hours to run in same as the components. where did you get the system from? if you don't mind me asking. metal dome speakers will all ways sound a little bright so really avoid silver plated cable. as for cable try DNM the reson thay make speaker cable for Cyrus and is a solid core copper type about £3/m. guessing you don't really want to get new speakers but if your dealer has a 14 day try at home thing take advantage of it. if not you may be charged up to 15% in handling fees most dealers are starting to do this to cut down on open box stock that thay cant sell.

jubair

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
thanks joel. yes sheepboy i think i need to give them more time before making any big decisions. a lot of people seem to suggest copper speaker cables can make a difference. i'll let you know how i get on.

jubair

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
i'm delighted to report, my cyrus system is starting to sound a lot better after 40-50 hrs running in now. i've not had any problems with cyrus cd6se so far, was a bit worried with it being so new on the market that it may still have a few bugs. i think the rs6 are starting to reach their full potential, almost every cd is sounding great. hopefully the improvements will continue, i've heard they can take 80-100 hours running in time.

i think i'll stick with my system (cyrus cd6se, 8vs2, MA rs6) for a few years now. want get on with enjoying my music rather than constantly tweaking my system. i'm new to the world of hifi (this is my first real seperates system), and interesting as it is, i'm more interested in the music. thanks for all the advice everyone. (",)

A

Anonymous

I 2nd/3rd the granite slabs. I originally went for granite paving slabs although these weren't wife friendly. Ended up with Tesco Finest granite worktop savers under the Partington Super Dreads which was a good 20squid spent, do the same under your MAs, a few more hours running in, carpets etc, bobs your wotzit. http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-9445.aspx .

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
jubair:
i'm delighted to report, my cyrus system is starting to sound a lot better after 40-50 hrs running in now. i've not had any problems with cyrus cd6se so far, was a bit worried with it being so new on the market that it may still have a few bugs. i think the rs6 are starting to reach their full potential, almost every cd is sounding great. hopefully the improvements will continue, i've heard they can take 80-100 hours running in time.

i think i'll stick with my system (cyrus cd6se, 8vs2, MA rs6) for a few years now. want get on with enjoying my music rather than constantly tweaking my system. i'm new to the world of hifi (this is my first real seperates system), and interesting as it is, i'm more interested in the music. thanks for all the advice everyone. (",)

ÿ

Glad to hear it mate. Enjoy.ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts