• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Help! How to connect SubWoofer to Denon PMA800NE

Arsenio Erico

Jun 28, 2020
Hi!
I have cero experience setting up hifi systems, so this question may sound silly. Sorry about that.
Can I use the "Recorder (Audio) Out" from the Amp and hook it up to an Active Subwoofer's input using RCA cables?
Here are two pics for better reference
Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 10.45.43.png
Above is the Denon PMA800NE with no dedicated Sub Out, but I thought maybe the Audio Out would do the same job with RCA cables.

Below is the Sub's back panel with the RL In for RCA Cables. It has a crossover switch to select from 60hz to 90hz.
Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 10.46.36.png

Thank you very much for any feedback!

Al ears

I am no expert on the connection of subwoofers but have you tried it?
I think that the output would be at line level so you would have no control over volume..... might be wrong.
Perhaps if you really must have a subwoofer you buy an amp that will let you connect one conventionally.

Reactions: Arsenio Erico

Arsenio Erico

Jun 28, 2020
I am no expert on the connection of subwoofers but have you tried it?
I think that the output would be at line level so you would have no control over volume..... might be wrong.
Perhaps if you really must have a subwoofer you buy an amp that will let you connect one conventionally.
Thank you Al ears!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS