Question Help for total beginner on Integrated Amp

Ciottoriot

Dec 27, 2020
Visit site
Hello Everyone

First of all, it is my first time posting on this forum after reading some very good posts. I was wondering if someone could offer me a bit of help.
I want to purchase my first HI-FI system but my budget is quite limited (got other more important expenses that i cannot avoid coming up) and, unfortunately, I do not have a lot of experience.

What I am looking for is a simple entry level system which could give a decent listening experience at medium volumes in a 13ftx16ft room.
It will be paired to a vinyl player and via Bluetooth to my smartphone for some podcast and Spotify listening (I am happy to buy a separate Bluetooth receiver if needed).

I have three options lined up (available in my area) in a budget between 70 and 110£:
Marantz PM5005;
Onkyo a9030;
Cambridge Audio Topaz AM10 .

Do you think that any of these could give me a more detailed sound with decent volume?

Mat

Last edited:

Gray

Hello Everyone

First of all, it is my first time posting on this forum after reading some very good posts. I was wondering if someone could offer me a bit of help.
I want to purchase my first HI-FI system but my budget is quite limited (got other more important expenses that i cannot avoid coming up) and, unfortunately, I do not have a lot of experience.

What I am looking for is a simple entry level system which could give a decent listening experience at medium volumes in a 13ftx16ft room.
It will be paired to a vinyl player and via Bluetooth to my smartphone for some podcast and Spotify listening (I am happy to buy a separate Bluetooth receiver if needed).

I have three options lined up (available in my area) in a budget between 70 and 110£:
Marantz PM5005;
Onkyo a9030;
Cambridge Audio Topaz AM10 .

Do you think that any of these could give me a more detailed sound with decent volume?

Mat
Welcome to the forum Mat.
None of your amp choices are bad.
Quite a few of us here have good experience of Marantz.
That PM005 will have a good built-in phono preamp for your turntable.

As for a Bluetooth receiver. I bought one of these:
It works well. There's no doubt you could do better, but you can pay quite a bit more. This one for instance.....but it's over £100 more:

Reactions: Ciottoriot

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts