Help for a newbie - suggestions

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I want to buy my first home cinema and need some help/suggestions. My budget is around £300. Some systems I was looking at are: Yamaha AV-63 and Yamaha AV-4103. Does anyone know the differences between the two?

I already have a Toshiba SD208E DVD player, which is quite good, all
regions and plays pretty much everything I throw at it. But I wouldn't
mind getting rid of it if I find an all-in-one system that has upgraded
features on the DVD player (such as USB connection).

By what I have read here some Sony all-in-one systems are highly regarded, so I am open for suggestion on Sony models.

I have also seen some Panasonic models that come already with an Ipod dock and very good looking too.

Well, as you can see I am quite confused right now, what can you guys suggest on a £300 budget?
shrug.gif

Thanks in advance!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Sony DAV-IS10 is a great system and around for about that price. I would generally steer clear of Panasonic all-one's. They generally do the picture quite well, but the sound is average compared to other systems for the same money.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
professorhat:Sony DAV-IS10 is a great system and around for about that price. I would generally steer clear of Panasonic all-one's. They generally do the picture quite well, but the sound is average compared to other systems for the same money.

emotion-21.gif

You can find all our home cinema system reviews here - the prices are the ones at which we reviewed kit. As Prof has said, the Sony (and others) are available for less if you shop around.

A

Anonymous

professorhat:Sony DAV-IS10 is a great system and around for about that price. I would generally steer clear of Panasonic all-one's. They generally do the picture quite well, but the sound is average compared to other systems for the same money.

The cheapest I found a Sony DAV-IS10 was £400, out of my budget really ... I am almost going for one of the Yamaha ones.

A

Anonymous

rominho:

The cheapest I found a Sony DAV-IS10 was £400, out of my budget really ... I am almost going for one of the Yamaha ones.

Look here and all your probs will be solved. It's a great system - buy with confidence

A

Anonymous

professorhat:Or here or indeed here.

Might need to brush up on your Google skills there my good chap!

Beat me by a quid on th second one there prof. ...Damn those pesky delivery charges !!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts