Help! - Finding a DVD recorder....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Let me start by saying that I have an analogue TV and I'm very happy with it. I don't intend to buy a digital TV until my analogue TV breaks down and then I shall consider buying a High Definition TV depending on the where the future of HD stands at the time and the availability of HD channels.

I also have a freeview box that I'm happy with but my DVD recorder (which does not have a hard drive!) is starting to go on the blink....

So I am looking for a new DVD recorder and I want to upgrade into some of the new functionality available. That means "Pause and rewind Live TV", recording a digital channel whilst viewing another digital channel, recording a whole TV Series with a push of a button, all done from a nice user friendly on-screen menu etc,
However, I do want to retain the ability to record to DVD's as well as the hard drive.

So I think I am right in saying that what I need is a DVD recorder that has two digital TV tuners (either FreeView+ or FreeSat) with EPG /PDC etc.
The problem is, I can't seem to find one available anywhere!!

Does anyone know if such a machine exists or will be coming available in the near future? If not, what would be the cheapest or the best value for money solution available to me now to get round this problem in the meantime?

Another question (as previously hinted) would be the future of HD and would it be best to buy into FreeView or FreeSat?

PS Let me also say that I don't intend to take up any subsrciption TV, unless for a limited time and it is proven to be economically to my advantage in the long term and doesn't lose me any functionality when the subscription is cancelled.

Cliff1

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
You will need two digital tuners to watch one & record another.This PANASONIC DMREX78 DVD & HARD DISK RECORDER (MULTI-REGION) i think does all you ask,but,it only has one digital tuner.That said you can link your existing freeview box to it & you will be able to watch & record at the same time.

It has a 250 gb hard disk i believe.

£264.21 at superfi at the moment,you could look around might get it for less.

I have a twin tuner hard disk recorder,don't know if you can get one that also records to DVD.

A

Anonymous

Yes you need 2 digital tuners, and as yet DVD recorders only have 1.

Have a look at the Sony RDR 995. It ticks all your other boxes. I have the earlier model (the 970) and am very pleased with it.

A

Anonymous

Future proof

Try the Sony Hard Drive DVDR RDRHXD890 .................... picked one up the day B4 Crimbo for £200 (with multi-region and 5 year warranty) all in from my local Richer Sounds :-

http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=SONY-RDRHXD890B

Nice, easy to use unit, loads of features for you now and when you eventually upgrade your TV ................... you'll be sorted?
emotion-11.gif

TRENDING THREADS