help choosing new av receiver

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi, im looking at upgrading my onkyo tsxr 606 that ive had for 6 months, nothing wrong with it, i love the ease of use with the onkyo just want a bit more clout and better surround sound. got a grand max to spend just wondered what people would buy? is there going to be much of a leap in performance going from the 606 to something like the onkyo txsr 876 or yamaha rxv1900? just like some opinions and suggestions on my next receiver? thanks.

A

Anonymous

There's the new Yamaha RX-V2065 coming out anytime soon and within you budget priced at £995.00 - might be worth a look?

A

Anonymous

oh right cheers, any early thoughts? are people expecting alot from it? any reviews as of yet? i obviously want the best i can for my money. it will be running sky HD, denon 2500bt blueray transport, wii and ps3 to 52" series 6 samsung and 7.1 pioneer sp410k floor standers.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
I've just upgraded my Onkyo 606 after hearing the Denon AVR2310 (£699). Went into shop to audition the Denon AVR1910, but my wife and I were just 'blown away' by the 2310.

The detailed sound and bass precision it produced with movies and music was outstanding, and so much better than the 1910.......

A few weeks after having it in the lounge, we are still astounded at its sound quality everytime it's on....

I would imagine the yamaha RXV 1900 might even be a slight step up from the 2310 (judging by reviews), but Marantz are about to bring out the SR6004, which might be of interest. (I am assuming you will be using this receiver for music and movies?)

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
By the way, seen the Denon AVR3310 for under a grand too......so might be worth a listen if you want to spend that much.

Best thing to do is to go audition these receivers and decided for yourself (especially if your spending that amount of money)......

A

Anonymous

cheers for your input pete,good to hear from someone who has upgraded from the 606, sounds like you are happy with your choice with the denon. thats given me something else to think about now with pairing with my denon 2500bt. there's just so much choice!

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Just read a review of the Denon AVR2310 at a rival site (can't mention it, as house rules do not allow!) It's the first review I have found for the receiver......

10 out of 10 for 'performance' was given, and they seem to love it for music and movies alike......I would defo audition it!!

A

Anonymous

thanks very much, better call my nearest sevenoaks and see how many they can show me!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts