Help a newbie get started: speakers and amp

Ivandaterrible

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I have finally decided to jump into the hi-fi world. I can't listen to music on my computer and tv anymore. So instead of waiting for a dream system, I would like to start off with a real and affordable system today.

I am looking at entry level speakers and amp. For speakers I like Monitor Audio Bronze BX 5. I am having trouble deciding on a good and afordable amp. I would be playing music and movies form my Mac. What would be the best pairing? Would Cambridge Audio Azur 351a do the job? Or would I need a 651? Or Marantz PM6005 plus a streamer (that would probably go over the budget)

I am looking for help getting started connecting my digital music to a pair of speakers.

Thanks for any help or advice you have!

p.s. The room is 24m2 in an apartment.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
Have you considered the Marantz MCR510 or MCR610 systems?

As above like MP said

Great system with wireless and Airplay connectivity; a great amp to boot then look at the Marantz CR510 or 610

I had the predecessor, the MCR603 and had it with BX5's and it was a fantastic system and the speakers were just superb

CarlDW

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
The Marantz is a good option.

If you want to go down the seperates route, the CA651A would suit your requirements best of the amps you mention and at a decent price too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts