HELP! 5.1 for my sky HD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, im getting knowwhere with configuring my amp with sky HD for 5.1 sound. Phoned RS but too technical and now confused!

Iv'e a yamaha RX-V667 amp. Iv'e got the optical cable and HDMI but need to know step by step how to configure both together to work. What menus to go into and sockets to use simple instructions please (idiots guide lol). Will i also see something on the amps display the settings are correct. Im well stuck with this HELP Thanks guys DAZ

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Not got a sky box, but read lots about this......

You need to go into the sky box settings, and change the output to optical somewhere in it (sorry.....trying to help).....

Then go into 'input assignment' on the receiver to set up the HDMI input the sky box is attached to, to 'look' for the audio from the optical input....page 67 in your manual...

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Sorry to disagree with Pistol Pete but there is no optical option in the Sky box.

Go to SETTINGS - SOUND and change Audio Output to Stereo, and Digital Audio Output to DOLBY D.

As for your amp, I don't know, but Pistol Pete does.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
No need to disagree......just correct me.....
emotion-8.gif

A

Anonymous

The HDMI connection carries picture and stereo only - so if you prefer you can connect this straight to the tv.

As mentioned already, the optical (digital) connection carries stereo and dolby digital 5.1 when relevant.

You need to choose an optical input on the Yamaha (if there is more than 1 it will be numbered or named eg. DVD ) and then 'assign' this digitial input to the input channel chosen on the yamaha: e.g. when I dial in TV/SAT as my input on my AV amp, I assigned 'opt digital input 1' as the audio input which goes with it.

BTW My amp shows dolby digital 2.0 when a stereo signal is received. HTH.

A

Anonymous

I have just checked the manual for your yamaha and you can select an HDMI input as your video (i.e. from your sky box) and then choose a different audio input other than the hdmi i.e. select AV1 or AV4 depending on which one the optical lead is plugged into.

p69 of your manual (SET UP section).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts