Hello

JonRA

Jul 3, 2022
Visit site
Hi All

I bought my first decent (for me) stereo in 1974 - a Pioneer deck, Rotel (I think) amp and a pair of Kef Codas - that system served me for about 10 years and then multiple home/flat moves and marriage meant it was curtains for the stereo. I tried rekindling my vinyl in the early 2000s with a cheap record deck playing through an equally cheap micro system but soon tired of changing albums every 20 mins so that didn't last long. Lately I have been playing an old ipod through an early B&W Zeppelin. But this year I decided to get another decent (for me) system again. After a bit of online research I opted for a Denon DCD600NE CD player, a 'matching' PMA600NE amp and a pair of Dali Spektor 2 speakers. In my small attic room (4x4.7m) this sounds pretty good and has revived my love of my CD collection - and a rather worrying interest in 'what next' as far as kit goes... I'm looking forward to learning more on this forum :)

JonRA

Jul 3, 2022
Visit site
Well, the 'what next?' soon came round and I've just added a basic Yamaha subwoofer to my set up. I'm really pleased with it despite using it with the volume set low - it just seems to give an extra depth to the sound without losing any of the Spektor's clarity. A bit basic by the standards of the forum but it's a start :)

IMG_20220709_085310637~2.jpg

Reactions: 12th Monkey

ballmerbrin

Oct 18, 2022
Visit site
Well, the 'what next?' soon came round and I've just added a basic Yamaha subwoofer to my set up. I'm really pleased with it despite using it with the volume set low - it just seems to give an extra depth to the sound without losing any of the Spektor's clarity. A bit basic by the standards of the forum but it's a start :)

View attachment 3736
Thanks for sharing such a graet concept. I really appricate you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts