Hello fellow-audiophiles!

Shamandor

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone!

Im new to the forum and to homemade audio systems. Just started, but already love it.

I will probably need some help from time to time, so I figured out I'll just make an acc and maybe share some of my experience.

When it comes to my configuration I got :

- a pair of carbocon ss 5050 Sony speakers - got them for £10, my new neighbour found them in the attic when he moved in :p

- SONY STR-DG700 amp to power it - quite decent, I'm happy with it for now

and it's all connected to my TV, laptop, x-box and vintage style turntable.

The speakers will be my rear speakers when I'll go 5.1

Hope to have some good time around here!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
Is an audiophile used to take the edge off a shrill sounding tweeter?

Nope. It's a middle aged man with a carrier bag full of brochures at a hi-fi show. Lots of polyester, slip-on, brown leather effect shoes and Bugs Bunny socks. He still lives at home with his parents and spends all of his money on hi-fi and hi-fi accessories. He spends his Saturdays quoting whole chunks of this month's Hi-Fi+ articles to his local hi-fi dealer (whilst they work out how to be nice to him at the same time as edging him out of the shop so they can concentrate on normal customers who might actually buy something).

When he does buy anything it'll only be after thirty six home demos (he can reduce an entire branch's brand-new stock to 'ex demo' in the process of choosing a new component and then have the cheek to ask for a discount because he has already used it!)

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
chebby said:
RobinKidderminster said:
Is an audiophile used to take the edge off a shrill sounding tweeter?

Nope. It's a middle aged man with a carrier bag full of brochures at a hi-fi show. Lots of polyester, slip-on, brown leather effect shoes and Bugs Bunny socks. He still lives at home with his parents and spends all of his money on hi-fi and hi-fi accessories. He spends his Saturdays quoting whole chunks of this month's Hi-Fi+ articles to his local hi-fi dealer (whilst they work out how to be nice to him at the same time as edging him out of the shop so they can concentrate on normal customers who might actually buy something).

When he does buy anything it'll only be after thirty six home demos (he can reduce an entire branch's brand-new stock to 'ex demo' in the process of choosing a new component and then have the cheek to ask for a discount because he has already used it!)

:rofl:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts